Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Latest topics
» Adopts site
Art Section I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17 2013, 17:20 by Tainted_Blood_Forgotten

» Death of rpers-dreamland
Art Section I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10 2013, 07:22 by Padfootlover

» Vampires and Werewolves
Art Section I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26 2012, 17:12 by ~2K~

» The many crooked faces of Glinda Silver Rosalin
Art Section I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24 2012, 03:09 by Tainted_Blood_Forgotten

» The many personas of Lysias Bloodheart
Art Section I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24 2012, 03:00 by Tainted_Blood_Forgotten

» The many faces of Braden benedict the Second
Art Section I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24 2012, 02:55 by Tainted_Blood_Forgotten

» The many facades of Maximilian Stoneheart
Art Section I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24 2012, 02:41 by Tainted_Blood_Forgotten

» Art Section
Art Section I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23 2012, 21:20 by Tainted_Blood_Forgotten

» Things That Annoy You
Art Section I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23 2012, 20:00 by ~2K~

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Art Section

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
~2K~
Rank
Rank
~2K~

Art Section 10_eng_metag_gfx_zps6c9d0dec

Art Section Empty
PostSubject: Art Section   Art Section I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22 2012, 22:20

Maybe we could have an Art section on the forum were everyone could post their art and do art commissions?

It might be a nice thing to get a commission done of a RP character that you don't have a drawing done of yet. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://2kswebdesign.weebly.com/
Tainted_Blood_Forgotten
Rank
Rank
Tainted_Blood_Forgotten

Art Section 2_eng_metag_admin_zpsa2ca8aeb

Art Section Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art Section   Art Section I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22 2012, 23:58

Anyway I should go about the forum organization for it? subforums? I'm going to add it but, i want to know if there's any specifics you think would make it less of a mess for people to shuffle through.

I've got this array in mind but, was wondering if anyone thinks it's a bit of a bad idea to do so;

forum: artwork(Anything without a subforum goes here)
subforums:
-Artists
-requests
-finished requests
-Character designs
- Artist terms of service(We will try and get some basic TOS's made later)
Back to top Go down
https://rpers-dreamland.rpg-board.net
~2K~
Rank
Rank
~2K~

Art Section Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art Section   Art Section I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23 2012, 20:31

That's one way to do it.

Though if I was to do it I would do:

The main Art forum, then the subforums of:

Art Shops/Requests

Character Designs

and then maybe a contest and/or "coloring room" (a place for people to post uncolored lineart for others to color in)

Then you could just have the artist TOS as a sticky in every catagory, this would cut down on the number of subforums and people would be more likely to read them before posting.

Plus, right now there's not to many members and from my experience when there's not very many mambers, then they seem to like less catagories. It groups the posts closer together and makes the forum feel more active and like it has more posts then it really does.

Then, when you get up alot more members, then you can always add more subforums and just move the needed topics. The members usualy adjust pretty easily to this and it doesn't take very much effort for a mod to move a topic if someone does post in the wrong forum.

It's up to you and Pure Instinct though. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tainted_Blood_Forgotten
Rank
Rank
Tainted_Blood_Forgotten

Art Section Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art Section   Art Section I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23 2012, 20:37

I've added a few forums but, if you want I can combine a few of the subforums together and move a few around. Though I like organization XD. I see what you're getting at though, it's less overwhelming to a small group of members if there's less forums than me going overboard with organization and making it way too neat for it just starting off. I'll however keep the roleplay forums the way I have them because it allows people to look at the roleplays based on type of roleplay.
Back to top Go down
~2K~
Rank
Rank
~2K~

Art Section Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art Section   Art Section I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23 2012, 21:06

Everything looks fine, though I do have another thing to mention.

In the general Discussion forum, maybe you should take off the Furries subforum? The only reason I say this is because it's for a single website, and you already have a website advertisement forum. Plus, when people see that they may think "Hey, if they gave that website it's own subforum, then maybe they could give (another site) it's own subforum!" and you may have a bunch of people asking for subforums for other websites.

Everything else looks good though, it's organized but also mainly just consists of the basic RP forum catagories.

I like alot of organization in my forums to, I even wrote a Moderaters Guide which gave directions for mods to follow for differant situations and such on MLPF. All the mods and general helpers loved it because they didn't have to guess on what to do when they needed to do something, they could just go to the guide and see. Alot of forums don't have a mod guide though, which when your just starting out working somewere, and don't know how the admins want things done, then it could be pretty helpful.

Plus, I've worked and been on alot of websites that had "power hungry" mods and even Admins, so I even set up a system on there to protect everyone from power hungry staff members. Rolling Eyes Everybody loved that to, because everyone seems to have been on a website that had staff members that were cruel and unfair.

I'm really good at decorating and making websites and running them so all the members and staff are happy and friendly (with the exception of the usual trouble makers here or there), though I've never been good at actualy getting people to join. I don't know many people so I guess I don't have the contacts to get people to join.
Back to top Go down
Tainted_Blood_Forgotten
Rank
Rank
Tainted_Blood_Forgotten

Art Section Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art Section   Art Section I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23 2012, 21:20

Ah I can see the misconception of furnation XD, it actually deals with people who are into fursuiting, the overall appeal of animals with human characteristics or anyone wanting to know about furries and maybe even why people are into that form or self expression. I should go and modify the description of that forum into a more descriptive way of putting it.(I myself could be considered a furry) Basically furnation would be like the mlp group. It's what some of the sites I've gone on for certain furry stuff have called it though there are a few more names.

If this site ends up getting someone power hungry working any of the forums I'll personally set them in their place. After all I am one of the two people who has to keep the site balanced.

I may go later and make a few more guideline posts through out the site.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Art Section Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art Section   Art Section I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Art Section
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Site Information :: Suggestions-
Jump to: